CNPP carries out studies into fire safety engineering, notably in smoke ejection. The services offered can be on several levels:
Study or pre-study of smoke ejection system:
- Measurement of the smoke ejection system characteristics, vents and / or front opening surfaces if necessary, fresh air supply surface according to regulations applicable to the site (work code, IT246, decrees for classified facilities).
- Advice on a building’s smoke conditions and on the smoke ejection system in place.
- Evaluation of the power of a fire able to smoke out the building (list all the combustible materials, estimate heat load with high or low hypothesis, taking into account the possible uncertainty on data).
- Evaluation of smoke circulation conditions, visualisation of smoke movement (aeraulics). Modelling of geometry and opening elements (natural or man-made ventilation).
- Assistance on regulations
It is possible to carry out tests to check the efficiency of the smoke ejection system in place (hot / cold smoke, etc.)
Fire detection and extinguishing:
CNPP can examine fire detection and extinguishing problems.
- Evaluation of performance of existing security equipment.
- Search for new safety solutions to protect an installation, premises or sensitive area; defininition of a suitable solution to safety states in their context
- Mitigate the occurrence of unwanted events by: analysing existing situation; search for combinations of events which may lead to unwanted event occurrence; assessmentof the potential consequences or real effects.
The results are the subject of an argued restitution. Studies can be carried out at different levels of accuracy according to the requirements. Furthermore, risk assessment or analysis results can be completed by modelling or experimental tests.
Modelling can for example concern reaction delay of detection or extinguishing systems based on the risk and the likely fire scenario.
Model creation file
Technical assistance in expertise by modelling" file
Tel.: 33 (0)2 32 53 64 33